Reply To: 50 yo F with Digestive Issues, Fatigue and Headaches

1. Welcome!
  2. Forums
  3. 50 yo F with Digestive Issues, Fatigue and Headaches
  4. Reply To: 50 yo F with Digestive Issues, Fatigue and Headaches

Welcome! Forums 50 yo F with Digestive Issues, Fatigue and Headaches Reply To: 50 yo F with Digestive Issues, Fatigue and Headaches

Archived Posts

Hello

I’ve had gut issues myself where I was unable to eat any fibrous veg, complex carbs or most supplements (especially if they were in capsule form because of the casing/cellulose). As the restrictions were severe I just wanted to focus on trying to ‘eat’ normal foods, so I narrowed my focus down initially on gut repair, this is what helped me:

– Regular bone broths (using a slow cooker was a great time saver as it could cook away for 8-24 hours giving hot instant broth/cuppa soups for two days in a row)

– The only fibre I could handle was porridge oats (I couldn’t handle rolled oats initially) and ground flax; I also started off with stewed apples but initially I had to peel the apples to get rid of that extra fibrousness..

– I took kefir/probiotic yoghurt as and when I remembered and sometimes I bought unsweetened coconut yoghurt

– I later used apple cider vinegar to support my digestion….

– I was able to take sublingual supplements (spray form)

– Glutagenics by Metagenics in powder form (has aloe vera, diglycerrhinitate licorice and L-glutamine) helped alsods, I took twice the recommended dose for a few months… then dropped down to normal dose

– I used a lot of flax oil although fish oil might have been better albeit the taste/smell

I wish I could say I took lots of other wonderful nutrients that might be available, but it was hard finding a form that was easy to digest/take, I was on a student budget and so even with these limited actions I did achieve a great deal. I’m sure one of the expert nutritionist here will direct you better, I’d be keen to know what they advise especially with extremely sensitive stomachs.

Shevonne

Menu